2020 Presidential Preference Primary
The Libertarian Party of New Hampshire will participate in the 2020 First-In-The-Nation Primary in our own way, with or without the Secretary of State’s permission.
Here’s how it will work:
- Libertarian Party Presidential Candidate will file with the Party to be on the LPNH Preference Primary ballot. The filing period of October 30 – November 15, 2019 will be concurrent with the state’s filing period. Candidates must be eligible to receive the LP nomination for President or Vice President, not be a candidate for another Party, and not be affiliated with another Party via voter registration.
- Ballots will be mailed to all members who are eligible to vote at convention in a self-addressed, stamped envelope and must be received by 5pm on January 10, the day before the Annual Convention (January 11).
- The Bucklin Method Ballot will be used. Delegates will choose their first and second choices, and use Approval Voting for subsequent candidates.
- A postcard will be mailed confirming the ballot has been received.
- Results will be announced at our Annual Convention.
The results of this Presidential Preference Primary will not bind 2020 LP Convention delegate votes in any way, it will inform delegates of the body’s preferences. LP National Bylaws prohibit the binding of delegate votes to a choice.
Candidates who filed for the Primary
- Ken Armstrong
- Dan Taxation is Theft Behrman
- Keenan Wallace Dunham
- Erik Gerhardt
- Jo Jorgensen
- Sam Robb
- Kim Ruff
- Vermin Supreme
- Arvin Vohra
- Arlen Lawson Wright
- John Phillips